MSU presented a monograph "German Consuls in the North Pryazovia"
On December 6, a presentation of the monograph "German Consuls in the North Pryazovia", which highlights the role of the Germans in the development of this region, was presented at Mariupol State University
Professors, students and graduate students of the Faculty of History, employees of the Scientific Library of Mariupol State University, V.G. Korolenko Central Library, Mariupol City Historical Library named after M. Hrushevsky, Mariupol Museum of Local History, and representatives of local government bodies of the city attended the presentation of the scientific work.
Professor Konstantin Balabanov, rector of Mariupol State University, Honorary Consul General of the Republic of Cyprus in Mariupol, Wolfgang Mösinger, Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Donetsk (the Dnieper office), Stepan Mahsma, Secretary of the Mariupol City Council and Natalia Kapustnikova, Director of Mariupol Museum of Local History gave a welcoming speech to the audience.
According to professors Igor Lyman and Viktoria Konstantinova, the book "German Consuls in the North Pryazovia " tells about the activities of the diplomatic representatives of Germany since the establishment of the offices of Prussia and the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin at the region after the Eastern (Crimean) War and up to the closure of the offices German Empire at the beginning of the First World War.
The research of the scientists covers the period from 1859 to 1914. Biographies and analysis of consuls' work are presented in the context of the relations between the Azov region and its port cities of Mariupol and Berdyansk, where the German consular establishments were located, with the lands of Germany.